- What Information Haven Self Storage Ltd collects from you and why.
- How Haven Self Storage uses and protects any information that you give.
- How you can access and manage your information.
Haven Self Storage is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Haven Self Storage may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This Policy is effective from 22 May 2018.
If you have any questions about this policy or more generally about our use of your personal information, you may contact us by writing to us at Haven Self Storage Ltd, Unit D Nesta’s Court, London Road Industrial Estate, Pembroke Dock, SA72 4RA, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 01646689611.
This Policy replaces all previous versions and is correct as of 22 May 2018. We reserve the right to change this policy at any time.
WHAT WE COLLECT.
We may collect the following information.
- Job Title
- Contact information including email address
- Other relevant information (e.g. date of birth)
- Photographic identification.
- Electronic identifiers (e.g. IP addresses)
- Demographic information such as postcode preferences, interests.
- Other information relevant to customers offers or surveys.
- In the case of Job applicants, CVs and references relevant to the role that you are applying for.
Ordinarily we will be the party collecting your information directly from you. However there may be situations where this information is obtained by us from third parties. Examples of this would include:
- In the case of Job applicants, from a third party recruitment agency.
- From publically available sources (e.g. the electoral roll).
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. In particular, we require it for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping and account management purposes (e.g. verifying your identity and fulfilling your storage requirements.)
- Providing you with the storage or service you have requested from us.
- Monitoring recording and storing telephone or email communications for the purposes of internal training, audit and compliance checking, to improve the quality of our customer service and in order to meet any legal and regulatory requirements.
- Improving our products and services.
- Contacting you by email, SMS, phone or mail for the purpose of account administration and /or processing and fulfilling orders and /or taking payment for such orders.
- Customising our website according to your interests.
- Reviewing your job application for roles with us and potentially offering you employment as a result of that review.
- Contacting you on the grounds of us having a legitimate interest to do so. If you are a current customer , to periodically send promotional mails or contact you by telephone about new products or services, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the contact details you have provided.
Where you give us consent to do so, we may:
- Periodically send promotional email, or SMS messages about new offers and services or other information which we think you may find interesting using the contact which you have provided.
- Use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
Where we have asked for your consent to use your personal information for a particular purpose, this consent may be withdrawn by you at any time. Similarly where we are using your personal information to fulfil a legitimate interest of ours, you have the right to object to your personal information being used for a particular purpose(e.g. for direct marketing). Please see the section entitled “Controlling your Personal Information” below.
If you contact us or we contact you, we may ask for certain information from you to confirm your identity, check our records and deal with your account efficiently and correctly.
We aim to protect all of our customers from fraud. As part of this we may use your personal information to verify your identity to help to prevent or detect fraud. These checks may involve your information being disclosed to credit reference agencies who may keep a record of that information. This is not a credit check and your credit rating will be unaffected.
When someone visits our website we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
WHAT LAWFUL BASIS WE PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION ON:
Our lawful bases for processing your personal information are as follows:
|Internal Record keeping||Contract|
|Improving Products and Services||Legitimate Interests|
|Customising our Website||Legitimate Interests|
|Reviewing Job Applications||Contract|
|Direct Marketing Current Customers* Mail Telephone||Legitimate Interests|
|Direct Marketing Current Customers*Email SMS||Consent|
|Direct Marketing Non-Current Customers||Consent|
*If you proactively contact us to enquire about becoming a customer of us, we will treat you as a current customer for the purpose of potentially direct marketing to you on the grounds set out above.
In certain circumstances we may be required to process your personal information in order to comply with a lawful obligation on us. This may be in the case, for example where a statutory or regulatory body requests such information in accordance with their legal powers. We also have a legitimate interest and on occasion a legal obligation to disclose personal information to regulatory bodies in certain circumstances, including where we have information about potential criminal acts or security threats, and may disclose information to authorities on this basis.
The security of your information is very important to us. As part of our commitment to keeping your data safe our technical experts maintain physical, electronic and managerial procedures to keep safe the information we collect.
HOW LONG WE HOLD YOUR INFORMATION
The Time period for which we keep information varies according to what we use that information for. Unless there is a specific legal requirement for us to keep information we will keep your information for as long as it is relevant and useful for the purpose for which it was collected.
Where we are using your personal information to send you marketing information we will generally retain that information for two years from the point of your last contract. We will retain account information for seven years in line with relevant tax and contract requirements. In the case of Commercial customers, we may retain personal information relating to such individuals with such customers for a longer period of time depending on the order and contracting cycles of such customers.
In the case of unsuccessful job applicants, we will generally hold your CV and supporting documentation for a period of 12 months from the date of application.
Where you have given consent to us holding data for a particular purpose, that consent may be withdrawn by you at any time. You may withdraw your consent by contacting us by any method that you wish to communicate with us, including email or telephone.
You are entitled to request that we erase your personal information at any time, for example where you cease to be an active customer of ours. Whilst we generally seek to comply with your request, there will be circumstances where we are entitled to retain such personal information (e.g. in respect of legal claims or to ensure that any activity on your account (e.g. monies owing) may be resolved.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
You may choose to restrict or control the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website or elsewhere ensure that you do not tick any box requesting permission to use your personal information for specific purposes (e.g. direct marketing).
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing or other specific purposes and wish to change your mind.
- If you believe that we are holding personal information which is incorrect, out of date, or incomplete and wish for that to be corrected.
- If you wish for your personal information to be erased from our systems.
If you want to remove consent request that we cease contacting you for direct marketing purposes or request erasure of your personal information you may do so at any time by writing to us at:
Haven Self Storage Ltd Unit D, Nesta’s Court, London Road Industrial Estate, Pembroke Dock, SA72 4RA. Emailing us at Sales@havenselfstorage.com or phoning 01646 689611. To protect your privacy and security we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
Haven Self Storage
Haven Self Storage Ltd,
Unit C, Nesta’s Court,
London Road Industrial Estate,
01646 684 252